Thursday, May 13, 2010

Control of the Old Ewe

Okay, now that the rant is over, maybe I can start again.
God, (you know, the One I refer to as my Shepherd) has assured the old ewe that He is in control.

I fight with myself sometimes, over who the control belongs to. I like my ducks in line. I hate surprises, other than the kind my husband gives me. I like to know what to expect and be able to handle it. This happened the other day and in my haze of frustration, the Shepherd gentle nudged my aging elbow and said, "Just who is supposed to be in control here?" "You are Lord, forgive me." was my answer. Death to self again.
So I tell myself, "The old you must die for the Old Ewe to be what God means her to be. Recreated to be what God intended me to be all along. Letting Jesus be God and letting God be God in my life. Letting Him have the controls of emotions, of mind, intellect, heart and soul and body.
Control me then Lord. "I can't but you never said I could. You can and You always said you would." (I.T)
Thank you.

No comments: